In order to join the Dogwood Handcrafts custom shaving brush waitlist, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Type of brush: Hybrid or Acrylic
- Diameter: 22mm, 24mm, 26mm, 28mm, or 30mm
- Knot type: Synthetic, Tuxedo, Cashmere, 2-Band-Badger, Badger-Boar-Mixed, Silvertip Badger, SHD Badger, or Declaration Grooming Custom Badger
- Your color selections (Choose only one):
- Wood color: What color should the wood be dyed, if any?
- Sky color: What should be the main color of the acrylic portion?
- Swirl color (optional): What color should be swirled in for detail?
- Do you want wood on both ends of the handle?
- Do you want a solid snow layer added on top of the wood “mountains”?
- Sparkly or solid colors?
- Each color can be sparkly or solid
- Mixing and matching is OK
- Matte or polished finish?
- Do you want the colors swirled together or divided top/bottom?
- Your shipping address
Once I have received your order specifications, I will add your name to the waitlist below where you can monitor your position. If you are not comfortable having your first name and last initial (e.g. Stephen J.) on the wait list, please provide a pseudonym for me to use instead.
Please make sure to include your address in your email, or at least your city or country. This is necessary to calculate your invoice total and I can’t proceed without it.
When I am ready to begin your brush, I will email you to collect payment for your order. Work will not begin until payment is received. If you do not respond to my payment inquiry, I will move on to the next position until I hear back from you.
Base price: $150
Double-wood add-on: $25
Snow layer add-on: $15
Includes synthetic knot of choice. Natural knots cost extra (see below)
Base price: $75
Knots cost extra (see below)
I offer an assortment of knots as an option for every shaving brush. Knot preference is largely subjective and every knot I stock will perform excellently with any soap or cream. The ready-made knots are purchased from www.maggardrazors.com.
Synthetic knots are made without any animal products. They do not require any breaking-in and have incredible longevity.
These are the most common option on the market. They are similar to the famous Plisson, but with much more backbone.
The tuxedo knot is the most popular synthetic knot on the market currently. It offers an excellent balance of softness and backbone.
These knots are very similar in feel to the cashmere with very soft tips, but slightly more backbone.
Natural knots are made from animal hair. They may require a short break-in period to reach their full potential.
Super High Density Badger
These are the densest commercially available brush knots with substantially more hair packed in than the other Maggard badger offerings. They are universally loved as an affordable alternative to high-end badger knots.
Declaration Grooming Badger
You also have the option of sending your handle to Declaration Grooming for a custom hand-tied badger knot. These are the highest quality knots in the world with a cult following in the shaving community, plus Dogwood Handcrafts customers get 10% off! Purchase the knotting service on www.declarationgrooming.com and I will send him your handle after purchase. Check his website for pricing and lead times.